So, you’ve purchased new Bluetooth headphones but aren’t sure how to connect them to your computer? Don’t worry; this isn’t science! Don’t be intimidated by the thoughts that are circling your head.
We’ll show you how to connect a Bluetooth headset to your PC in this article. Continue reading to learn more.
- Is Bluetooth Support Available on Your Computer
- How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with a Windows Computer
- Using a Windows PC to Unpair Bluetooth Headphones
- How Do I Pair Bluetooth Headphones With My Mac
- Using a Mac to Unpair Bluetooth Headphones
- Why Aren’t My Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to My Mac? Attempt to locate the issue!
- Bluetooth Headphones Are Connected to a Mac, But Audio Isn’t Playing? Give it a go!
- Last Thoughts
Is Bluetooth Support Available on Your Computer
First and foremost, do you know if your PC supports Bluetooth while you’re trying to connect your Bluetooth headphones to it? If you don’t have Bluetooth enabled on your Windows PC or Mac, now is the time to check.
Once you’ve confirmed that your Bluetooth headset is compatible, simply follow the instructions outlined below to connect it to your Windows PC or Mac!
How to Pair Bluetooth Headphones with a Windows Computer
Once you’ve confirmed that your Bluetooth headphones are compatible with your Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC, follow these steps to get started:
1. The first and most critical step is to enable Bluetooth pairing mode on your headphones. So, let’s get started by turning on your Bluetooth headphones. By pushing the power button for 5-10 seconds, most Bluetooth headphones may be put into Bluetooth pairing mode. When the status light begins to blink, you know you’ve done a good job. If you’re not sure how to do it, you can start by looking at the brand’s website or watching videos on YouTube.
2. Remove your headphones and proceed to your computer in the second step. Select ‘Settings’ from the ‘Start Menu,’ or use the search function to locate ‘Settings’ on your Windows PC.
3. Select ‘Devices’ from the ‘Settings’ box that appears. From the Settings menu, select Bluetooth.
4. On the ‘Devices’ screen, select ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’ from the drop-down menu. Select Bluetooth and Other Devices from the drop-down menu.
5. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on the ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’ page. Toggle the button to turn it on if it isn’t already on. Turn on Bluetooth.
6. Next, click ‘Add Bluetooth or Other Device’ and select your Bluetooth headphones from the drop-down menu. Allow a few moments for both Bluetooth devices to establish a connection (your headphones and Windows PC).
7. Your headphones may automatically connect to your Windows PC or you may be required to input a passcode. If there isn’t a passcode, just type ‘0000’ to proceed.
8. As soon as your Bluetooth headphones are linked to the PC, you’ll receive a notification that says, ‘Connected (message content may vary depending on system).’ To exit the ‘Settings’ window, click ‘Done.’ You don’t require it any longer.
That is all there is to it. Your Bluetooth headphones are now connected to your computer. Isn’t it simple? In general, Bluetooth headphones can be connected to practically any Bluetooth device, including cellphones, PCs, Xbox, and so on.
Using a Windows PC to Unpair Bluetooth Headphones
So, you’ve learned how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer. But what if they were unpaired? Once you’ve linked your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows PC, they’ll reconnect automatically whenever you’re within Bluetooth range and Bluetooth is turned on.
However, if you don’t like the automated pairing, follow these steps to unpair Bluetooth headphones on a Windows PC:
1. Select ‘Devices’ from the ‘Settings’ menu.
2. Go to ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices,’ and then unpair the ‘Bluetooth Headphones.’
3. Select ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.
Cool! On your Windows PC, you’ve successfully unpaired your Bluetooth headphones.
How Do I Pair Bluetooth Headphones With My Mac
It’s just as simple to pair Bluetooth headphones with a Mac as it is with a Windows PC. This is what you must do:
1. Go to the Apple Menu and select ‘System Preferences.’
2. Select ‘Bluetooth’ and make sure it is turned on.
3. In the meantime, make sure your device’s “Bluetooth pairing” option is turned on to make it discoverable.
4. When your Bluetooth headphones appear in the device list, click ‘Connect’ to connect them. Your headphones may automatically connect to your Mac, or you may need to enter a passcode. To proceed, simply type ‘0000’ if there is no passcode.
5. You’ll notice the message ‘Connected’ under your device’s name once the connection is established.
That is all there is to it. If you connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Mac successfully, they will stay connected or reconnect without any manual effort as long as you stay within the Bluetooth range, which is about 10 metres or 33 feet.
Using a Mac to Unpair Bluetooth Headphones
You may effortlessly remove your Bluetooth headphones from your Mac in the same way that you can on a Windows PC. Here are some options:
1. Go to the Apple menu and select ‘System Preferences,’ then ‘Bluetooth.’
2. Locate your Bluetooth headphones and delete them from Mac by clicking the ‘X’ button next to the device’s name.
3. To confirm removal and unpair the Bluetooth headphones on your Mac, click ‘Remove.’
Why Aren’t My Bluetooth Headphones Connecting to My Mac? Attempt to locate the issue!
There are two possible causes for your Bluetooth headphones failing to connect to your Mac:
1. You’ve skipped through some crucial stages in configuring your Bluetooth headphones with your Mac.
2. You’re utilising the same procedure you used to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your iPhone or car’s audio system; pairing Bluetooth headphones with a Mac is a completely separate procedure.
Bluetooth Headphones Are Connected to a Mac, But Audio Isn’t Playing? Give it a go!
So you’ve managed to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your Mac, but you’re still hearing nothing? Take a look at what you can do!
Ascertain that your Bluetooth headphones are selected as the audio output for Mac. To verify the audio output status, follow these steps:
1. Select ‘Sound’ from the ‘System Preferences’ menu.
2. System Preferences Search for your headphones in the Output tab and double-click to activate and select them as your Mac’s audio output.
Are you still unable to hear audio? Let’s see what we can come up with:
– Turn off and on your Bluetooth headphones (switch off Bluetooth and switch it on again).
– Select ‘Bluetooth’ from the ‘System Preferences’ menu.
– Unpair your Bluetooth headphones as described above, then reconnect them to your Mac following the technique outlined at the start of this section.
Do you believe it’s a difficult task now that you know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PC (both Windows and Mac)? If you follow the instructions outlined above, it won’t be. We hope you found the information in this article to be helpful. If you have any more questions, please leave them in the comments area below. We’ll be pleased to address any problems or questions.